- WHICH DATA?
The General Data Protection Regulation defines the term personal data as follows: “Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.”
- WHAT ARE THE DATA USED FOR?
An attorney acts as a legal adviser, representative before the courts or for other purposes, and, in order to exercise the profession properly, will require various forms of information, documentation and personal data. In the interaction with the authorities, process servers, members of the justice system, it may be possible that personal data have to be passed on. The personal data of our clients are only processed in the context of the assignments that are entrusted to WAETERINCKX ATTORNEYS BUSINESS CRIMINAL LAW. Moreover, all data are covered by professional secrecy.
- DURATION OF PROCESSING WAETERINCKX ATTORNEYS BUSINESS CRIMINAL LAW
keeps the personal data of the various parties for at least the duration of the assignments entrusted to it. There are various obligations and forms of protection that apply to legal dossiers, such as professional secrecy, professional safekeeping obligation, etc. There are legitimate interests that permit the continued storage of personal data once dossiers have been closed. WAETERINCKX ATTORNEYS BUSINESS CRIMINAL LAW confirms that this processing of personal data will be limited to that which is necessary within the context of the legitimate interests. WAETERINCKX ATTORNEYS BUSINESS CRIMINAL LAW is bound by professional secrecy, which also covers personal data.
- SECURITY MEASURES WAETERINCKX ATTORNEYS BUSINESS CRIMINAL LAW
has developed appropriate technical and organizational security measures to avoid the destruction, loss, forgery, modification, unauthorized access or improper disclosure to third parties of personal data collected and any other unauthorized processing of such data. Furthermore, WAETERINCKX ATTORNEYS BUSINESS CRIMINAL LAW has opted in favour of a software from KLUWER, KLEOS, which complies with the highest security standards (ISO 27001) (Articles 24 and 28 GDPR)
- DATA SUBJECTS’ RIGHTS
- Right of consultation and use of your data You have the right, at any time, to consult your personal data and the use that WAETERINCKX ATTORNEYS BUSINESS CRIMINAL LAW makes of your personal data, free of charge.
- Right of correction, deletion and limitation You are free to share your personal data with WAETERINCKX ATTORNEYS BUSINESS CRIMINAL LAW or not. In addition, you have the right at any time to request WAETERINCKX ATTORNEYS BUSINESS CRIMINAL LAW to correct, supplement or delete your personal data. You acknowledge that if you refuse to provide personal data or request that personal data be deleted, it may no longer be possible to provide certain services. You may also request that the processing of your personal data be limited.
- Right to object You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for serious and legitimate reasons. In addition, you always have the right to object to the use of personal data for purposes of direct marketing; in this case, you do not need to give a reason.
- Right of free data transfer You have the right to obtain your personal data which you have sent to WAETERINCKX ATTORNEYS BUSINESS CRIMINAL LAW in a structured, current and machine-readable form and/or have them transferred to other controllers.
- Right to withdraw consent Insofar as the processing is based on your previous consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent.
- Exercising your rights You can exercise your rights by contacting WAETERINCKX ATTORNEYS BUSINESS CRIMINAL LAW for this purpose, either by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by postal mail to WAETERINCKX ATTORNEYS BUSINESS CRIMINAL LAW, Broederminstraat 9, 2018 Antwerp, including a copy of your identity card.
- Automatic decision-making and profiling The processing of your personal data does not involve any profiling, nor will it be subject to automated decision-making by WAETERINCKX ATTORNEYS BUSINESS CRIMINAL LAW.
- Right to lodge a complaint You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Belgian Privacy Commission: Data Protection Authority, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, Tel. +32 (0)2 274 48 00, Fax +32 (0)2 274 48 35, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. This does not affect a remedy before a civil court.
- NEWSLETTERS WAETERINCKX ATTORNEYS BUSINESS CRIMINAL LAW
takes its role as a legal adviser seriously and wishes to inform its clients proactively about important changes in the legislation or trends in jurisprudence which may have consequences for the client. In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, WAETERINCKX ATTORNEYS BUSINESS CRIMINAL LAW requests prior consent from each client before sending newsletters. With every form of informative communication, WAETERINCKX ATTORNEYS BUSINESS CRIMINAL LAW will always offer the possibility of withdrawing the consent given, should this prove necessary.
1 WAETERINCKX ATTORNEYS BUSINESS CRIMINAL LAW is legally bv Advocatenkantoor Patrick Waeterinckx, with company number BE0860.590.829 and registered office at 2860 Sint-KatelijneWaver, Walemstraat 108,
Last update: August 31st 2020